At age 38, admittedly your risk of MI is not extremely high,

Escrito por
sábado, 24 mayo 2014

Imprimir este artículo Imprimir este artículo

Deadly delays at VA hospital

Canada Goose sale During the 2015 VA Budget hearing Allison Hickey canada goose clearance sale told Bernie Sanders that the backlog is only 125 days out. My husband has been waiting for over 5 years for an appeal through VA. In Jan I filed 5 new claims for him due to illnesses associated with Agent Orange from serving on the DMZ in Korea during the Viet Nam Era. I must say I am damn angry that our VA system is ignoring our veterans. Not only the VN vet, but other veterans as well. Such as those who served in Saudi whom have Gulf War Syndrome. We now have veterans whom are returning home with Canada Goose online brain injuries and the system will continue to be broken Canada Goose Parka if we as Americans do not stand up and stand firm against what is taking place with all veterans. From a canada goose clearance sister whom had a brother killed in Viet Nam. Canada Goose sale

May 7, 2014 at 11:11 pm Log in to Reply

Canada Goose Coats On Sale willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by our nation. George Washington. Canada Goose Coats On Sale

uk canada goose outlet Those who have served to defend our country deserve the best medical care that can be provided. For many years, despite two wars in Southeast Asia, the Veteran Administration had received no increase in its budget. From the 2010 (which began in October 2009) canada goose black friday sale through the proposed 2015 federal budgets, there have been modest but steady increases in the VA budget. Not everything can be fixed with more money, and what is used must be spent wisely, but the VA is still caring for those canada goose coats on sale WWII veterans who are fortunately still with us, and the Korean and Vietnam veterans are needing more care as they continue to age. Those who served after Vietnam were all volunteers, and excellent VA care was part of the obligation owed to them by the rest of us. Those who have served in war zones over the past thirty years cheap Canada Goose are still not receiving all of the care that they need, for various reasons. That need will only increase over the next fifty or more years that the veterans of the wars started in the early 2000s will still hopefully be around. Congress holds the purse strings on the VA, and we should ALL shout loudly that our heroes should not be stinted because of Congress poor choices in Canada Goose Jackets the past and present. Most of the problems noted by the posters here can be solved by hiring more physicians and using them wisely; let Congress know that, also. uk canada goose outlet

May 3, 2014 at 6:34 pm Log in to Reply

canada goose factory sale I surprised Anderson that you and CNN seem to think this is something new and only happening in AZ. I hope I misunderstood you tonight. As a military Mom, from a family that has fought for this country since the Revolutionary War, I am disgusted at the way our Vets are still being treated, and sadly nothing changes except for the numbers dying from physical and mental health. PLEASE Anderson Cooper do as you say and don let this story go away. Help save our children and spouses. canada goose factory sale

canada goose May 2, 2014 at 8:21 pm Log in to Reply canada goose

Canada Goose Parka I a vet who was told in 1976 (age 22), that I been in a wheelchair by the time I was 50. It took to age 53, but without getting some outside care, I would have been. I had good insurance at the time, and found a neurosurgeon who could fix the problems the VA said they couldn night, I made a long post on Disqus about my last year dealing with the canada goose store VA in Kentucky, and how their neglect and refusal to address given medical problem left me in the hospital 3 times with a ruptured spermatic cord and huge groin hematoma once, then with ruptured diverticula and colonic bleeding, and finally with a (luckily very small) stroke. All because they weren paying ongoing attention to my issues. Canada Goose Parka

Canada Goose Jackets Unfortunately, the Disque team seems to have thought it was too long, or something, because they deleted it. Canada Goose Jackets

canada goose uk shop There ARE good people at the VA you just have to look for them. canada goose uk shop

buy canada goose jacket April 25, 2014 at 4:46 pm Log in to Reply buy canada goose jacket

cheap canada goose uk Unfortunately, the VA is a government agency and follows the government model: spend more money in administration than in result producing personnel. If you look at any VA (you can substitute government for VA anywhere in this post) building you see beautiful facades that cost millions of dollars, but these facades come at the expense of services. VA administrators usually form a clique that plays power games with their subordinates. The worst of those is with primary care. Doctors are considered the lowest hierarchical wrung in the decision making leader for a patient. They are forced to work up to 18 hours a day doing computer work that should be done by nurses, jeopardizing the quality of care the veterans receive. Administrators subject the primary care doctors to the whims of the nursing staff. Those who complain about the system suffer discrimination in the form of overbooking or understaffing. cheap canada goose uk

The Albuquerque, NM, VA hospital is a great example of the lying, self congratulating, inefficient administrators mentioned in this report. They tell their own employees, and the public, what a marvelous job they are doing, and how well staffed their clinic is. But a veteran has to wait up to 4 months for an appointment; unless he or she has a friend among the secretaries or nurses.

canada goose uk black friday Another problem in the VA, which this report does not address, is the freedom with which doctors are told, frequently by nurses or patient advocates, to prescribe narcotics. Many doctors end up prescribing without even speaking to the patient. A local (Albuquerque) news channel presented a story on drug deals that happen in the McDonalds parking lot, across the street from the VA hospital. Many veterans get their drugs from the VA, cross the street and sell them to dealers or users. canada goose uk black friday

canada goose black friday sale April 25, 2014 at 4:33 pm Log in to Reply canada goose black friday sale

canada goose uk outlet I saw part of your coverage on the deadly delays at the VA hospitals, and I can attest that this is all real. As a 38 year old veteran on disability, I count on them to take care of my health and issues with pain from injuries that were caused by my service in the Navy. I have currently been waiting for surgery to remove a growth from my knee (which may or may not be cancerous) for over three canada goose deals years now. It is incredible painful, and limits my ability to work, and in turn, my income. canada goose uk outlet

I have been turned away several times from scheduled surgery due to total incompetence https://www.canadagoosejacketsoutsale.com , such as overbooking the OR, 2 days before I was scheduled to go under the knife.

Canada Goose online In addition, I have been repeatedly denied the proper medication (Celebrex) that would would ease my joint pain because it doesn come in a cheap generic form. My doctor told me that she would write me the prescription (therefore admitting that I need it), but that I Canada Goose sale would have to pay the $300 a month to have it filled. I won go into gory details of what the symptoms are of a GI bleed, but they are disturbing and involve blood loss from places that aren remotely normal. I have said symptoms, and have repeatedly told them of these issues, to no avail or even remote amount of concern. Bottom line I am a 38 year old female whose body is now functioning like that of someone decades older. The VA does not care. Canada Goose online

April 25, 2014 at 12:47 am Log in to Reply

Just curious, but aside canada goose coats from the decreased risk of GI bleeding, what is it that makes you believe that celecoxib is the perfect medication for you? Being expensive and brand name does not mean that a drug is inherently better. COX2 inhibitors like celecoxib certainly have a lower risk of GI bleeding than the older COX1 NSAIDs, but not zero risk. And all COX2 inhibitors except celecoxib have been proven to increase platelet adhesion (which is the bad side of the COX1/COX2 difference) which greatly increases the risk of a heart attack. They have been taken off the market for that very reason; one of the manufacturers even knew about the increased risk of heart attacks but kept the data hidden. Celecoxib manufacturer states that theoretically their drug molecular structure shouldn affect platelets, but I am not aware of a medical study that proves that there is no increased risk of MI for patients taking celecoxib. At age 38, admittedly your risk of MI is not extremely high, but given the seriousness of that risk I would not even offer to prescribe that medication for you. GI bleeds are certainly serious, but are more easily survivable than heart attacks and usually do not leave any lasting effects Canada Goose Outlet in the future, such as congestive heart failure. Your VA doctor can probably request the pharmacy for celecoxib once you have tried several of the other NSAIDs that are on the formulary. You might find one of them that works for you, though the individual response to NSAIDs is notoriously variable so don get discouraged; it is better than being in pain or paying $300 per month for something that may not be better or safer for you. You can alsways choose what you will and won do, but if you want to get a medication or a treatment through the VA you must work with your physician and within the VA guidelines, which have been designed mainly with safety in mind, such as by using older drugs with a buy canada goose jacket longer track record. Some of those COX1 NSAIDs have been used for 50 years or more, and aspirin is more than 100 years old. How long has celecoxib been used in humans? What might happen in thirty or forty more years if you take it for that long? Does the platelet adhesion problem with other COX2 inhibitors also apply to celecoxib? Those are the risks that doctors must consider before prescribing, even if you choose to not consider them.

Canada Goose Online May 3, 2014 at 6:05 pm Log in to Reply Canada Goose Online

canada goose clearance sale VA in Fayetteville, NC can be added to this list. My husbands been getting to around trying to make an appointment for over a year. He finally was scheduled for one last Dec and was notified days in advance they were canceling BC his doctor retired. They have nothing but excuses since then why he can get an appointment. To appease him they have him a doctors name/number and told him to call the news clinic. It was number for mental health clinic and they never heard of said doctor. He had no returned phone calls (or rescheduled appt) since. canada goose clearance sale

cheap Canada Goose April 24, 2014 at 11:27 pm Log in to Reply cheap Canada Goose

One of the worse days of my life

canada goose coats The VA “veteran’s affairs” once again makes hell for me. My mom went to the ER. They keep my mom over night and while she was still in the ER she started to act strange. I mean like she was zoning out for like 10 mins, then she snapped out of it and so after that she seem like she wasn’t there or like she was seeing thing that wasn’t there and she wasn’t makes any sense. She said that the TVs and computer have taken over the world. She got so bad that the doctors had to tie her down, NOT give her something to go to sleep or calm her down. Then she stopped talk or moving, it was like she wasn’t there. It was early morning that the doctor had told me my mom had a stroke and that she was going to need to be put into a nursing home, that she was dangerous, but what really got me most is the doctor told me that she got a year to live. There weren’t going to release her because she wasn’t safe. canada goose coats

canada goose coats on sale I went home and got started on get my mom into a nursing home and I called the family. I finally got everything together. A couple days later I get a call from my mom’s nurse, she told me that I could pick my mom up. Pick her up? I was told that I couldnt canada goose outlet , that she was to dangerous, she needed to be at a nursing home and she can’t take care of herself. That is what the doctor said to me that day my mom was in the ER. I went to the VA canadian goose jacket and my mom was alert, she was awake and she was fine. canada goose coats on sale

I feel like an idiot because when the doctor said she had a stroke and that she was dieing. I should have realized for the doctor to come up with something like that, they canada goose would have to run test. Which they didn’t. Only blood work and that wouldn’t show up. One of the reasons for my mom to act that way was not sleeping for 4 5 days. buy canada goose jacket cheap She slept while there and she most of got enough slept to think clearly. She’s fine and took her home.”There is another thing that caused it but that will be in another blog”

uk canada goose When I was told my mom was dieing and that there was nothing for me to do. I felt alone and scared. I didn’t know what to do; I was 20 years old at the time. I had no one to get help with what was going on. I was so angry with what that doctor did. I keep checking my mom to make sure she is still breatheing uk canada goose.